SJ-World.net

♥ Welcome to SJ-World!► Explanations & information.

728 replies to this topic

#1 ℓɑㅡdoucɘpoque!

Douce Epoqueㅡ♥

• SJ-W♥RLD Founder!
  • 5,772 posts
  • Joined 22-November 08
  • Made in

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

〃Welcome to SJ-World〃

Hello, and welcome to SJ-World!
Please read this message, or at least the part below the ★, it's important. :)

First of all, thank you for joining! We hope this forum can grow to be a big and friendly place for E.L.F. from all over the world. Sadly, it seems that the English side of the Super Junior fandom is the only one struggling to have a single place fans can rely on for news and media, and when the second album was released we also went through numerous issues that caused us to split into various groups supporting the boys in our own way. We hope that SJ-World can help us overcome past obstacles, let everyone enjoy the group's future activities instead, and become ONE all over again.

Since sj-world.net was registered on November 6, 2008, you have probably been wondering why everything on the domain kept saying coming soon, but effectively took a long time to be open to the public. There are multiple reasons behind this, some of which are too personal, and thus will not be disclosed. However, amidst the various reasons is a significant lack and miscalculation of time. Upon registering the domain, we were excited and wanted it to be up as soon as possible, but we got caught up with real life priorities, and we eventually had to set this project aside. It was a mistake to advertise SJ-World when we hadn't got much done yet, but it was such a great accomplishment for us already, that we simply wanted to share it with others.

Originally SJ-World was born to be an English replica of sj-market, thus based on a Zeroboard database, which is the same board the Koreans use. As we all know, sj-market is currently still the best place to find information about Super Junior, and it seemed like a great idea to have something like that for English speaking fans as well. The idea of using Zeroboard made everything seem much easier and organized; however, after some consideration, the decision of purchasing an ipb forum won over everything else. We were going to have a Level Up system as well, and even after having decided to go for an ipb forum instead of Zeroboard, we were still dwelling on the Level Up system as to avoid a number of possible problems; but then we thought it was best to be fair and open SJ-World to all fans.

The main reason behind these changes is that fans will be able to actually interact, but also due to the fact that very few international fans are familiar with Zeroboard, so they might find it intimidating, or even confusing. Furthermore, it seems that most of you were expecting a forum since the beginning, thus we'd rather meet the fans' expectations, than our own preference.

As you can see there's still a lot to do, we're still gradually working on it, and we will do our best to not make SJ-World go down too quickly :) please contribute as much as you can and stay with us for as long as Super Junior will.

♥ The general organization of SJ-World is the product of Teamwork: `Alice☆엞랑, *//{baby해}, ♬예구름, ishougen, La'MISS:fairy.
♥ The Archive project was managed by `Alice☆엞랑, and the following people helped gather all of the information: 16candl3s, -pulchritude;, `Alice☆엞랑, ゞilσvεjr⌒, ana, cloud_engel, DOLLYbeans, euodsie, Feyana, getawaycar, ishougen, lya, Jen, judeism, Martha, melaahh, natallie93, oinkie, pri3an, Saejin, sassydork;, theSAJE, wassereis.
♥ The layout coding and graphics were created by La'MISS:fairy, but the blue ribbon used for the navigation, report-monkey, and little Leeteuk were made by Sarah.

QUICK INFORMATION!
The Guidelines the first post of this thread lists the topics you should read as a newly registered member. The second post illustrates and explains what the various forum sections are for.
Empty areas since it's a new forum, obviously there isn't a lot of content in it. Therefore, spamming to reach a high post count and be able to access all areas won't benefit you in any way. If we all work together to improve SJ-World, we can make it become the number one source for all English speaking Super Junior fans.
The Staff most areas haven't been assigned a Moderator yet, this is because the organization of the Staff was done in a separate forum on invisionfree back in November. If you need to ask a question about the rules of a specific section and whatnot, contact either Gaia, Alice via PM. If you applied to be in the Staff, you might receive an email soon.
Contributing just as stated above, please do not expect the SJ-World Staff to be the only fans to bring in updates and keep this forum alive. It would be great if everyone participated and contributed to the growth of this forum in every possible way. SJ-World isn't solely owned by the Staff, it's a place owned by every single E.L.F. who decides to actively support Super Junior and share information and media with fellow fans. For example, sj-market is a very active place, even if your Korean is limited, or you can barely read it, you can still easily take information and media from there and post it on SJ-World (posting pictures doesn't require you to be able to undestand Korean, right?).
Layout priority was given to forum organization, so the layout is still lacking in some areas. Changes will be made to it.
Incomplete topics if you come across topics that have been started, but are still completely devoid of content, please don't send us a PM to point it out, we know already. For example, although some topics redirect you to the F.A.Q., the full list of questions and answers hasn't been compiled yet. We will get all of this work done as soon as possible, just patiently wait a while longer.
Forum Bugs & Tags if you find a bug or weird coding in our forum, please contact the Founder, an Admin, or a Global Moderator. For example, one of the bugs we have to fix very soon concerns the emoticons table, it might look like this for some of you. This is very important, and it would be very appreciated by all of us, please help us out. :)
Rules I know we have many rules and some may seem too strict, but this is done to keep the forum under control and well organized, getting used to them won't be hard. :) We would like it to be a peaceful, yet fun place.
Advertising please help us advertise SJ-World everywhere! You can make graphics, and let others use them; you can post about it on other forums, websites, blogs, and just about everywhere you go :) it would help us immensely! ♥ If you make a graphic to advertise SJ-World, feel free to post it in this topic, or PM it to La'MISS:fairy. We will eventually start a topic where people can drop their own graphics, or browse around to find one made by other users to their likings.
Tech Admins we hope that SJ-World's server won't die on us before we find a capable Tech Admin (the amount of newly registered members will probably increase thanks to the release of a new Super Junior album just out of curiosity); if you know someone who has a good knowledge of ipb forums and server management skills, please contact us. Even if it's someone who can't offer to work for us full time, it would be amazing if they could at least give us advice, or help us keep the bandwidth in check as to avoid server crashes (which implies: loss of all data.)
Main webpage (sj-world.net) — we aren't entirely sure of what we will be doing with the main domain. The forum is currently taking up of all our time already, but feel free to give us suggestions.
Best viewed the forum is best viewed in Mozilla/Firefox, and with a screen resolution above 1024x768. We're sorry if the aesthetics of the layout aren't very pleasant on your screen. :(
Projects we will have projects for the boys in the future, it would be highly appreciated if everyone took part in them to show Super Junior that they have a large international fanbase as well! ♥
Contests they will be held for various purposes and in different areas of the forum, please participate actively in them!

I think that's all :D please don't forget to read The Guidelines!
Enjoy your stay here, and visit as often as you can!! ♥♥♥

SJ-World Staff

Posted Image
Avatar-gif by myiuchanGraphics by Gaia
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Helsic

Proud Cololmbian fan

• Chic E.L.F.
  • 545 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

*A*!!
I'm so happy right now!
because I know the great work that you and other members here was making in the Livejournal community of Super Junior! When I noticed about this forum I was really happy!

I thought "OMG finally a 'active' International SJ forum" like Lj community!!!

I agree about the problems with the only13 vrs Pro-15 and I hope that everybody here will be together as one!

Finally I want to say: Congratulations for the idea and the love!!!
thank you very much!
:smile2:

4 years supporting Super Junior! Since 2006!
Before I meet you I thought I have favorites, but now I realize I love all of you guys!
proud latin American fan

#3 mintoro

Baby 희님 ♥

• ★ E.L.F.
  • 88 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'm glad that it's opened b4 3rdjib, as you all wanted to.
And the forums load quite fast for me =D
that'll makes me come here quite often~

PS: I love the layouts~ it's awesome as I always like your design ❤❤

Posted Image
Posted Image
credit :xsimplymeeeex@sj-world

#4 晶晶♥

<< OneLove™ >>

• Classik E.L.F.
  • 125 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

yay~ nice and neat forum :D
and i love the layout,it's totally cute >3<
as for the banner,i love it too ♥
thx for opening such a wonderful site~

Posted Image
"Merry Youを うたってください, I will send this song, from me to you ♥" - 은혁
icon ⓒ Deanna || blinkie ⓒ bloee@sujunesia.net || ↘ 24/7, my HEAVEN

#5 Raccoon

Sorry, Shawty☆

• Super E.L.F.
  • 342 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 01:41 PM

this forum is reallly well designed~
the layout is seriously adorable
i can see this forum becoming a big hit in no time

oh, and everyone seems so friendly here ;o

#6 kachei

• Classik E.L.F.
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:12 PM

i've been looking forward to this forum for long.
i believethis will be SJ's best int'l fanbase in the future^^
thanks for founding this site, gaia unnie. also thanks all the staffs for supporting the forum from the very beginning. i'll try to be an azctive and good member here~

and... AWESOME LAYOUT, gaia <3333
i absolutely love it XD

13 ♥ kibum;shindong;sungmin;ryeowook;eeteuk;donghae;siwon_________________
Posted Image_________________
©kachei.13; kyuhyun;eunhyuk;yesung;hangeng;kangin;heechul_________________

#7 incoherents

• E.L.F.
  • 47 posts
  • Joined 23-November 08
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

every single layout you make is amazing -_- I hate you
although it does look a little lop-sided since my laptop is wide screen hahah

Gaia, if you ever need any help, I'm always willing~ :)

[indent]I and 愛LAST.FMLIVEJOURNALTWITTER

Hi my name is Kara, feel free to call me that :)
[/indent]

#8 prince☆china

韩庚♡

• Translator
  • 1,985 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:20 PM

<3
bah. this place is adorable

&&&&&&&&&&Posted Image
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&facebook tumblr 411 twitter weibo

#9 Allison

` ★. 내꺼하자 }

• ☆ Junior Donator
  • 821 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:23 PM

This forum is really well organized and friendly, lol. I really enjoy it here...even if it's been like a day (:

Posted Image

`there is no one else like you

#10 annonymous

• E.L.F.
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:32 PM

I'm in love with the layout *O* it's so pretty~
can't wait to watch this forum grow...<3
will visit alot! ^___^

#11 foreverpetal

• Jewel E.L.F.
  • 878 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

This forum is going to be huge...
i will support this one :)
Such good job...
thank you for the people who organize this
well said Gaia :]

i'm so happy this is a very good work :']
thank you for welcoming

and and it looks sooper beautiful

livejournaliconvictwittertumblr

_____________Posted Image

#12 erli.miss.elf

• Dwarf
  • 20 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

i'm new here !
hi there all ~~ :heart:

:ELF: :ELF:
an elf named erli from indonesiaa

love the banner !!

#13 judeism

• Classik E.L.F.
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:19 PM

I didn't see this thread right away. LOL.
I just wanna say.. YAY! We're open!
I'm looking forward to a fruitful, friendly, no-bias environment!
Let's go fighting everyone! :)

Posted Image

#14 ORMINISTA*

• Dwarf
  • 15 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:24 PM

i like this website...cause it's worldwide and have many sj's fan...around the world

#15 Ana

...it's eternity...

• Sapphire E.L.F.
  • 2,186 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:25 PM

I've been waiting for this forum for months! And it's worth the wait. I love everything here! I'll support this!

Thank you Gaia and Alice for hardwork!

Posted Image
Keeping Park Jungsoo in my heart

#16 akosiken

• Super E.L.F.
  • 279 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:28 PM

this is pretty amazing and i love the layout. been waiting it for months and now here it is. ^^
good job for gaia and alice for the hardwork and please dont overstress yourself. take care.

and yeah, looking forward for this forum to get known all over the world. :)

[indent]Posted Image
"When I say Hee, you say Sica"[/indent]

#17 Nessy

• ☆ Junior Donator
  • 58 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:35 PM

Yosh, SJ World is really a good forum ! The layout is beautiful, and the members are cool ! I hope my English do better, and I wish integrate easily because SJ World is really A GOOD FORUM ! :heart: Good Job guys =D

#18 xmichellee

ANGELTEUK*

• Classik E.L.F.
  • 158 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:45 PM

WHEEE
I'm so happy that there's another awesome sjforum <3
Love the layout (: You guys did a terrrrrrrrrific job!

[indent]]Posted Image
------- cyworld twitter
[/indent]

#19 Princess

당신을 사랑합니다

• ★ E.L.F.
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Thank you for finally opening this SuJu forum I have been
checking every single day to see if the registration has been
open and now that it is Im so proud to have signed up thanks
so much I hope to see everyone and to see SuJu grow this
Year!!

Posted Image

LEETEUK/HEECHUL/HANGENG/YESUNG/KANGIN/SHINDONG/SUNGMIN
EUNHYUK/SIWON/DONGHAE/RYEOWOOK/KIBUM/KYUHYUN
[ rub fishy stomach then make a wish ^ 3^ see it come true ]

#20 caffekos

• Dwarf
  • 0 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:16 AM

yay, me love this forum alot. SJ fans is now all around the world. :)

#21 DolzPumz

s p e l l b o u n d !♥

• Super E.L.F.
  • 296 posts
  • Joined 04-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

yay ^^
sjworld design is very pretty ^^
finally it open welcome for 3jib ^^

Posted Image
LiveJournal
PRESS PRESS THE RESET "

#22 Shenlu

• ☆ E.L.F.
  • 86 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

Finally it's open ^^
the design and layout is absolutely stunning~
It's so shiny and pretty *-*

Hopefully SJ-World can become the biggest, most united SJ Forum~ ^^'

Only posting very quickly, not on my own computer~ *runs*

CONGRATULATIONS!~

#23 Gem

• Classik E.L.F.
  • 100 posts
  • Joined 04-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:25 AM

I really hope this 4rum will unite E.L.Fs from all over the world together ^^
For international fans, there has never been a forum like this be4. I'm so happy.
This 4rum is neat, let's contribute everyone ^^b

#24 eaglemiso

• ☆ Junior Donator
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 04-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:26 AM

Congratulations on the launch of SJ-World!!!!

Lets color the world with pearl sapphire blue.

Thank you for coming into my life

#25 aisleyne

• E.L.F.
  • 33 posts
  • Joined 03-March 09
  • Made in

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:39 AM

Yeah it's finally open! The whole forum looks really pretty. Big compliments :heart:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users